During the outset of the job I had to come up with a branding for the company. At this time the company was in its initial formation and an official name for the company had not been finalized. So during my initial design musings I explored several alternatives. All they could really tell me was that they wanted the term "Ergonomics" in the name and they wanted a slick European styling similar to the company Eurway. Sort of sleek minimalist Swedish looking design motif. After dozens of musings the term Nomix was coined from a design I did that pulled the letters Nomics out of the tail end of the word ergonomics. This led to the final distinctive name of the company, Nomix Ergonomic Solutions.

This allowed me to now focus on that specific signature and to come up with the final design. After the company branding was finished I turned to the product branding. In this case I created designs with a similar emotional context but utilized a serif font to instill a feminine aspect to be juxtaposed against the masculine design on the initial branding. All logos were left in a stark black and white motif to reflect the European stylings. A fourth design was need as some of the products would include an inner smaller package with screws, washers and hex tools to assemble the products.








When I approach a branding assignment I do extensive explorations into what kinds of typography that I think are appropriate for the specific client. It's a time for wide explorations prior to any narrowing of the process. Merging their wants with their needs I try to approach the assignment to develop and design a unique, timeless and relevant design. Below are many of the explorations I did along the journey to discover their final design. In this particular circumstance the branding and naming were explored in unison which is an unusual circumstance. As we moved along some narrowing occurred on the name and "Ergo" and "Nomic" were both explored as individual approaches. Finally the term Nomix was coined and the solution was narrowed down until completion.

Below are some of the explorations and display a process of expansion and then narrowing to find the final solution.



Click on the thumbnail images below to explore the different product packaging designs.